Folks at Kerrang! magazine have compiled a list of 20 greatest SLIPKNOT songs ever.
Source noted: “Over two-and-a-half decades of tribulation, tragedy and triumph, SLIPKNOT have built a catalogue like few others. It chronicles not just the anger, doubt, pain and catharsis of its constituent members, but the growth of the band itself — from terrifying underground oddity to main-stage-straddling metal behemoth.”
Greatest SLIPKNOT songs ranked can be seen below. For full commentary on each song, please visit original source.
20. GEMATRIA (THE KILLING NAME) (ALL HOPE IS GONE, 2008)
19. MY PLAGUE (IOWA, 2001)
18. VERMILION (VOL. 3: (THE SUBLIMINAL VERSES, 2004))
17. THE DEVIL IN I (.5: THE GRAY CHAPTER, 2014)
16. NERO FORTE (WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND, 2019)
15. GET THIS (SLIPKNOT, 1999)
14. THE HERETIC ANTHEM (IOWA, 2001)
13. UNSAINTED (WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND, 2019)
12. PROSTHETICS (SLIPKNOT, 1999)
11. (SIC) (SLIPKNOT, 1999)
10. DISASTERPIECE (IOWA, 2001)
9. PSYCHOSOCIAL (ALL HOPE IS GONE, 2008)
8. SPIT IT OUT (SLIPKNOT, 1999)
7. BEFORE I FORGET (VOL. 3: (THE SUBLIMINAL VERSES, 2004))
6. LEFT BEHIND (IOWA, 2001)
5. DUALITY (VOL. 3: (THE SUBLIMINAL VERSES, 2004))
4. WAIT AND BLEED (SLIPKNOT, 1999)
3. PEOPLE = SH*T (IOWA, 2001)
2. EYELESS (SLIPKNOT, 1999)
1. SURFACING (SLIPKNOT, 1999)
SLIPKNOT‘s “Unsainted” single was recently certified gold by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association Of America) on October 7 for accumulating 500,000 certified units.
One equivalent song unit is equal to a single digital song sale, or 150 on-demand audio and/or video streams, according to the RIAA.
“Unsainted” is taken from SLIPKNOT‘s latest album, We Are Not Your Kind, which was released on August 9, 2019 via Roadrunner Records. Album was once again recorded at a Los Angeles studio with producer Greg Fidelman, who engineered and mixed SLIPKNOT‘s 2004 album Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) and helmed 2014’s .5: The Gray Chapter.
We Are Not Your Kind sold 118,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in its first week of release to land at position No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. Furthermore, the album made an impact worldwide with No. 1 debuts in the United Kingdom, Mexico, Australia, Canada, Japan, Ireland, Belgium, Portugal and Finland, as well as Top 5 debuts in Germany, France, Norway, Italy, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Poland, Spain and New Zealand.