Cannabidiol seems to be a part of everything nowadays, from topical creams and balms to energy drinks and bath bombs. The cannabis market has grown exponentially in recent years, thanks to research highlighting its therapeutic properties. The overwhelming evidence regarding such medicinal benefits has led to worldwide acceptance of hemp and cannabis-based products. Hollywood has taken these researchers seriously, with more and more celebrities embracing the natural remedy as a miracle worker. These products have transformed the healthcare and wellness vertical, and several A-listers have touted cannabis as the secret behind their flawless skin and calm demeanor. Why are celebrities using these CBD products, and how has that helped the industry? Here is a look at everything you need to know about celebrity endorsements for cannabidiol and what they have to say about the product.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is a naturally occurring cannabinoid found within the Cannabis Sativa plant. It is one of over a hundred such compounds found in the cannabis plant and possesses several medicinal properties. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, it does not produce any mind-altering or intoxicating effect. The non-psychoactive nature of these compounds makes them safe for extended use. Additionally, they work as effective natural remedies for various ailments, including anxiety, depression, insomnia, and muscle pain. Athletes and active gym enthusiasts can also use these compounds as they serve as efficient muscle relaxants.
Cannabidiol targets our body’s endocannabinoid system and works by interacting with it. All mammals have such a mechanism to help maintain their homeostasis and regulate various other internal systems. The cannabinoids bind with receptors and neurotransmitters to direct everything from our sleep patterns to our appetite and immune response. Unlike other over-the-counter drugs, these products contain natural ingredients and are, therefore, less harmful. Additionally, they do not cause adverse drug reactions or side effects, making them a safer and healthier choice for users. You can check some amazing CBD Products on https://cbdfx.com/collections/cbd-hemp-capsules/.
Cannabis for the Future
While THC binds with CB1 receptors that regulate emotional response, cognitive functioning, and memory, cannabidiol has a lower affinity towards them. Instead, it deals with CB2 receptors, which handle our immune response and inflammation-related issues. Hence, products containing hemp extracts do not leave the consumer feeling high or intoxicated, unlike THC. Manufacturers can extract cannabidiol from hemp and marijuana. While the former is an industrial variant containing higher concentrations of CBD, the latter is rich in THC. As a result, the 2018 Farm Bill legalized the sale of hemp products containing less than 0.3% THC. The rampant legalization of cannabis has led to an explosion within the market. As more and more people realize the medical potential of cannabis, the industry can achieve a multi-billion-dollar evaluation.
Celebrities Who Swear by Cannabidiol
Several Hollywood A-listers have hailed CBD as a miracle worker capable of turning people’s lives around. Here’s a quick look at several global celebrities who credit cannabidiol for making their lives better and more fulfilling.
- Kim Kardashian has always been vocal about her support and love for cannabidiol. She particularly loves salves containing hemp extracts and often takes spas and wellness treatments that use products infused with cannabidiol.
- Whoopi Goldberg, who co-hosts the talk show The View, is also the co-founder of a company dealing in medical marijuana distribution. The company named Whoopi & Maya provides consumers with various legal products, including oils, balms, and edibles for period pain and other issues.
- Alessandra Ambrosio is a glamourous Victoria-Secret model who uses hemp-based products to relax her nerves and sleep better at night. The run-way queen often utilizes items infused with cannabidiol to soothe her muscles, manage pain and ensure she gets some much-needed rest.
- Most people would love to know that Rachel from Friends swears by cannabidiol for pain, anxiety, and stress management. Jennifer Aniston has gone on record multiple times proclaiming the benefits of marijuana.
- Mandy Moore is a busy celebrity who often walks multiple red carpets in a week. These outings can turn painful for her feet, and she uses CBD oil to prevent inflammation and flare-ups. Celebrity stylists have also mentioned that the likes of Sarah Paulson and Karlie Kloss too depend on cannabis to get them through long work-days on the run-way.
- Emma Roberts is a huge fan of CBD bath tonics and frequently expounds their virtues on social media. These products help soothe our bodies, and most celebrity spas nowadays offer treatments that incorporate cannabidiol for additional relaxation and calmness.
- Olivia Wilde is open about her love for cannabidiol-infused oil and has stated several times that these products help her relax and let her hair down. Additionally, they serve as potent muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatory agents, preventing muscle spasms and tightness. She also mentioned how cannabidiol helped her step away from synthetic painkillers serving instead as a healthier alternative.
- Gwyneth Paltrow is a firm believer in alternative medicine and has often used her company Goop to normalize such products. She was one of the first celebrities to gauge and realize CBDs potential as a natural remedy and frequently includes it as an ingredient in Goop products.
- Kristen Bell likes to use oils infused with hemp extracts to recover after a strenuous workout. She often posts Instagram stories with these CBD oils and has mentioned on record how they help her aching and sore muscles feel better.
7 Reasons Why Celebrities Love CBD Products
As you can see, quite a few Hollywood A-listers have jumped onto the cannabidiol bandwagon. What makes this alternative such a lucrative option? Here’s a quick look at why the world seems to be in love with this miracle plant.
- Helps treat a variety of conditions, including epilepsy, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and skin conditions
- Works as a potent analgesic, making it an effective pain management tool
- Stress-buster than helps people clear their heads and calm their nerves
- Effective muscle relaxant that prevents muscular spasms, injury, and aids in recovery and growth
- Potent anti-inflammatory properties help regulate sebum production, leading to healthier and more youthful skin
- Mood enhancer that allows people to control their anxiousness
- Effective Neuroprotectant that can help individuals combat neurological disorders and degeneration
As you can see, celebrities and average folk alike have realized the need for cannabidiol in combating daily struggles. Whether you work in showbiz or have a regular 9-to-5 job, life in the twenty-first century can be overly demanding. Natural remedies, such as cannabidiol, help individuals manage stress, tension, sensitivity, and anxiousness. Which celebrity influenced you to experiment with cannabis? Share your experiences below and let the world know about how cannabidiol transformed your life for the better!