According to Sweden’s Corren.se, four former GHOST‘s Nameless Ghouls suing band’s frontman Papa Emeritus (who is believed to be Swedish musician Tobias Forge) for 200,000 SEK (approx. $22,199), or the amount that the court considers reasonable. The reason for the lawsuit are missing wages and allowances for several years.
The lawsuit further alleges:
- That Papa managed the band without insight from any of its other members, despite the fact that they were supposed to be equal partners.
- Papa’s company has collected all revenue earned by the band, including merch sales and licensing of their music, but claimed Ghost was not profitable.
- In 2012, the band members received “sporadic” compensation from Papa only when he was “under pressure,” while continuing to plead poverty.
- Twice in 2016, band members refused to sign what they claim was a “slave contract.”
- “Relations between the band leader and the other became increasingly chilly.”
Martin Persner, who recently revealed himself as a former Nameless Ghoul, is not part of the suit.