On Thursday, Cristina Scabbia, lead vocalist of LACUNA COIL, revealed that she had accidentally scalded her face with hot oil while preparing a meal in her kitchen in Milan, Italy. The 50-year-old singer shared a video explaining the accident.
She said: “Basically, yesterday I was cooking some food, and I was using a small pan to fry some chips. And what happened is that I used something to grab some chips and put them somewhere else. And the utensil that I was using basically slipped off my fingers, moving the pan. I did a movement like this and created a sort of a wave that went straight in my face.
“So it was pretty horrible, because there was a lot of… I got scared for a second, because, of course, the pain, the burning. I didn’t really know what the situation [was], because all you feel when you burn yourself is just the burn. So you don’t know what’s going on. It’s red for a second, then it swells, then it goes down. And I didn’t know how the situation was, so I literally put my face underneath cold water — very cold water — and tried to wash the oil away. So I grabbed some soap very quickly without, of course, fractioning it too much. And I washed my face. And then I put it under water. And then I cut a few leaves from my aloe vera and I put them on the skin because aloe vera is amazing for burns.
“Yesterday was horrible because it kept on burning; I didn’t know how to keep the burning down. I kept on my face a towel with water being really, really careful. It also got me on my hand.”
Cristina went on to say that she considers herself “very, very, very lucky because it didn’t get in my eye.”