JUDAS PRIEST have reversed their recent decision to perform as a four-piece on their upcoming tour.
Earlier this week, British heavy metal legends announced that they will perform as four-piece on upcoming tour, without guitarist and producer Andy Sneap.
Band wrote in original statement: “Hello maniacs! We are chomping at the British Steel bit to return to world touring… celebrating 50 years of JUDAS PRIEST as an an even more powerful, relentless four piece heavy metal band — with Glenn coming out on stage with us here and there as before. Big thanks to Andy for all you’ve done and continuing to be in the production team for our new album… See you all soon headbangers!”
Later on, Sneap issued the statement to Blabbermouth, writing: “Rob called me last Monday and said they wanted to move on as a four-piece, which I find incredibly disappointing after this amount of time but I respect his decision as they obviously have a vision how they want this to play out.This always was a temporary situation, and like I’ve said before, I’ll always help the band any way I can, and that applies going forward also,” he continued.
“I’ve been a huge fan of the band since the early ’80s and it was mind-blowing to play onstage with the guys and quite frankly terrifying in the beginning at such short notice. We are moving forward with the new album next month and look forward to making a killer follow-up to Firepower.
Now PRIEST announced that Sneap will, in fact, perform with the band, writing: “Hello metal maniacs…given all that has recently evolved and transpired we have decided unanimously as a band to continue our live shows unchanged with Rob, Ian [Hill, bass], Richie [Faulkner, guitar], Scott [Travis, drums], Andy and Glenn [Tipton, guitar] joining us whenever he’s able…so see you all soon as we forge ahead celebrating 50 massive heavy metal years of JUDAS PRIEST together!”