“I reached out to Ville Valo to sing the song ‘Coming Home,’” Nergal told in an interview with Metal Hammer. “He liked the song and said he really wanted to do it. He said, ‘I might just stick to the choruses.’ And then he just bailed on me. I lost connection with the guy.”
He added that he instead enlisted Sivert Høyem, frontman with Norwegian alt-rockers MADRUGADA, to sing on the song instead.
“He’s one of my all-time favourite singers,” Nergal said. “I happened to be at their show in Berlin. I made it backstage and we started talking. He was happy to help.”
ME AND THAT MAN‘s upcoming album, New Man, New Songs, Same Sh*t, Vol.1, will be released on March 27, 2020 via Napalm Records.
The enthralling album visits a completely new spectrum of dark desert vibes and sees notable heavy music icons such as Corey Taylor (SLIPKNOT), Brent Hinds (MASTODON), Matt Heafy (TRIVIUM), Ihsahn (EMPEROR) and Sivert Høyem (MADRUGADA) join the pact with the devil. New Man, New Songs, Same Sh*t, Vol.1 is a diversified, dynamic masterpiece that presents Nergal in a completely new light, providing a strong contrast to the heavier sounds of BEHEMOTH. Evil has truly never sounded so good.
New Man, New Songs, Same Sh*t, Vol. 1 track listing:
01. Run With The Devil (feat. Jørgen Munkeby of SHINING)
02. Coming Home (feat. Siver Høyem of MADRUGADA)
03. Burning Churches (feat. Mat McNerney of GRAVE PLEASURES)
04. By The River (feat. Ihsahn of EMPEROR)
06. Surrender (feat. Anders Landelius of DEAD SOUL)
07. Deep Down South (feat. Nicke Anderson of ENTOMBED / Johanna Sadonis of LUCIFER)
08. Man Of The Cross (feat. Jerome Reuter of ROME)
09. You Will Be Mine (feat. Matt Heafy of TRIVIUM)
10. How Come? (feat. Corey Taylor of SLIPKNOT and STONE SOUR) / Brent Hinds of MASTODON)
11. Confession (feat. Niklas Kvarforth of SHINING)