One has to be real bold these days to release a CD. Even bolder to release a double CD. But, how come a triple CD? What else to say if it is a dark, intense, of such a complex playing extreme metal? Four times bold. Necros Christos “Domedon Doxomedon” has the kind of boldness we all like. “Domedon Doxomedon” is complex in its twenty-seven tracks, each one different from the other. It takes a lot.
Sometimes doomy as in the beginning of “The Guilt They Bore,” which gets fast, but with a dash of metal swing in the guitars, a bit of death in the vocals, thrashy sharp guitar interventions, and black in the drums. Necros Christos also deal with the epic, the daring songs with lots of sonic layers as the most death metal tradition. Also the occult takes place as in “Zohar of the Sky,” which opens “Domedon Doxomedon” as in a cult. “Domedon Doxomedon” dares to apply lots of Metal tradition influences from classic to black metal.
“Domedon Doxomedon” is a like a book of morbid tales. Each song is a tale that you unveil piece by piece tasting every moment. Some tales are bigger than the others as “I Am Christ,” which is so pedant and disrespectful as a Metal band could ever be. It takes lots of creativity to write so many songs. Necros Christos dare to be very creative, as anyone can see by guitar lines with a strong Metallica scent. Other songs are small. The message can be passed quickly. They are like bridges paving the way to some more daring. Some art rock is also present in those bridge songs. “Gate of Sooun” and “Cistern of Bethlehem” do it their best. They are where Necros Christos experiment more musical boldness.
Lirically, Necros Christos try not only the occult, bul also some Torah traditions. The guys really mess up with fire here. Necros Christos the occult view of religion. With a handful guitar player sewing it all together.
Necros Christos “Domedon Doxomedon” will hit the skies on May 18th via Sepulchral Voice Records.
- Temple I: The enlightened will shine
like the Zohar of the sky (Daniel 12:3)
2. I Am Christ
3. [And they call this] gate: Gate of Sooun
4. temple II: Who will get me a drink of water from
the Cistern of Bethlehem? (2 Samuel 23:15)
5. Tombstone Chapel
6. [And they call this] gate: Gate of Damihyron
7. temple III : Unless YHVH had been my help, my soul
would soon have dwelt with Dumah (Psalms 94:17)
8. He Doth Mourn in Hell
9. [And they call this] gate: Gate of Aion Tsevaoth
- Temple IV: Oracle of the man whose eye is open
2. Seven Altars Burn in Sin
3. [And they call this] gate: Gate of Arba-Hemon
4. temple V: בראשית (Genesis 1:1)
5. Exiled in Transformation
6. [And they call this] gate: Gate of Behet-Myron
7. temple VI: The weight of gold that came to Solomon
in one year was 666 talents of gold (1 Kings 10:14)
8. The Heart of King Solomon in Sorcery
9. [And they call this] gate: Gate of Sulam
- Temple VII: They and all that belonged to them
went down alive into Sheol (Numbers 16:33)
2. The Guilt They Bore
3. [And they call this] gate: Gate of Jehudmijron
4. temple VIII: Mount Sinai was all in smoke,
for YHVH had descended upon it in fire (Exodus 19:18)
6. [And they call this] gate: Gate of Dimitrijon
7. temple IX: A redeemer will come to Zion (Isaiah 59:20)
8. In Meditation on the Death of Christ
α Adam of Darkness
β Eve in Damnation
γ Seth of Death
δ Maryam Tsiyyon
ε Maryam Magdala
ζ Maryam Tesso-ne
η Messiah of Avaddon
Watch “Domedon Doxomedon” official trailer here.