Swedish Thrash ‘N Devilrollers CRUCIFYRE have congregated once again for their third full-length album “Post Vulcanic Black,” a gathering of ten unforgiving dark hymns that would be sure to please any old-fashion Heavy Metal / Thrash devout. Ridiculously catchy while still retaining that unorthodox sense of morbidity, “Post Vulcanic Black” features an almost new line-up with evidently fresh energy in the band and overall encompassing a more imperialistic vibe. The Satanic victory is rejoiced now and forever more.
Recorded and mastered at K51 STHLM with Erik Holmberg, mixed by Willem Bleeker at Baggpipe Studio (ABBA, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, etc) and garned with a cover artwork by Thrashing Rage, “Post Vulcanic Black” delivers the primitive instincts of Hellhammer, the dark melodic sensibilities of Mercyful Fate but always without losing the quintessential early Slayer worship.
● CRUCIFYRE was formed and founded by Yassin Hillborg, formerly from the old-school cult Death Metal band Afflicted.
● “Post Vulcanic Black” features a revamped line-up in the CRUCIFYRE camp, with new bass player Cristian Canales and Karl Buhre on vocals. Karl Buhre previously appeared on the last album “Black Magic Fire,” recording backing vocals and keyboards.
● For fans of Black Sabbath, Slayer, Bathory, Possessed, etc!
Read our review here.
1. Post Vulcanic Black (6:11)
2. Thrashing With Violence (3:15)
3. Mother’s Superior Eyes (5:44)
4. War Chylde (3:41)
5. Hyper Moralist (Deemed Antichrist) (6:12)
5. 200 Divisions (4:13)
6. Död Människa? (4:19)
7. Murder And Sex And Self-Destruction (2:53)
8. Copenhagen In The Seventies (6:42)
9. Serpentagram (5:13)
Karl Buhre – Vocals
Patrick Nilsson – Lead Guitar
Alex Linder – Lead Guitar
Christian Canales – Bass
Yasin Hillborg – Drums